Wednesday, MAY 27 - 6:30pm-8:30pm - Nathan Cole, Violin(Learn more HERE) CKYO Performers: 5-6 violin players VIDEO Audition Upload Due: Friday, May 22 by 7pm
Drawing/Selection of Participants: Monday, May 25
Wednesday, JUNE 3 - 6:30pm-8:30pm - Alan Rafferty & Sarah Kim, Cello(Learn more HERE& HERE) CKYO Performers: 5-6 cello players VIDEO Audition Upload Due: Friday, May 29 by 7pm
Drawing/Selection of Participants: Monday, June 1
Thursday, June 4 - 6:30pm - 8:30pm Convo and Workshop with Zach Brock Violin & composer (jazz fusion violinist, Snarky Puppy, CKYO Alum! Bio HERE)
6:30 - 7:30pm - using improvisation to strengthen connection to your instrument
7:30 - 8:30pm - practice rituals and routines (and tracking, structuring your practice) and how to improve to make your practice sessions more effective.
TO BE CONSIDERED AS A PERFORMER FOR ANY OF THE MASTERCLASSES:
1. Record a video of you performing the piece you are prepared to present for the masterclass ( i.e. do not select something you are just learning or something you would not present for an audition or solo performance; etudes, a movement from a concerto of solo are all appropriate - time limit is 5 minutes).
2. Marcello will review and select those that are ready to participate in a masterclass with artists of this level. From there, all those that have been selected will be entered into a random selector and the performers for the masterclass for each instrument will be randomly selected. Seniors will be given priority.
3. Upload your 5 minute video of your performance HERE. (piano accompaniment is not needed for this version of a masterclass). Please title your video with your name and your instrument and announce your name and the piece and composer you are performing at the top of the video.
4. CKYO will hold a live drawing to select the participants for each masterclass at the dates listed above.
5. If you submit your video for consideration, you should be prepared to perform at the masterclass for which you are applying on the date that is is held.
Wednesday, April 29 Chase Miller and Jerram John (CKYO MusicWorks Director/clarinetist and MusicWorks and Friends in Music Teaching Artist/cellist)
Topic: Music Performance and private teaching as a career, college auditions, choosing the best college and private teacher for you
Margie and Benjamin Karp (UK string faculty, Brevard Music Center string faculty, Lexington Philharmonic)Topic: Preparing orchestral excerpts and auditions; CKYO 2020-2021 Rep, CO, SO Violin, Viola, Cello Excerpt Help!